LEGAL & PRIVACY
By accessing and using the Lexus site, you accept this policy without limitation or qualification. Your access to the Lexus site is therefore subject to this policy as well as to all applicable laws.
Copyright© 2013 Toyota Motor Vietnam., Ltd ("TMV")
The Lexus site contains information regarding Lexus products and Lexus promotional programs. The Lexus products described in this site are offered for sale only in Vietnam.
All information included in this site is for information purposes only. This site shall not be used or relied upon by you as a substitute for information that is available to you from the authorised Lexus distributor – TMV.
The information contained herein is designed to be as comprehensive as possible. TMV reserves the right, however, to make changes at any time, without notice, to models, equipment, specifications and availability.
PRICES OF LEXUS PRODUCTS
The price information contained in or provided through this Lexus site is for information purposes only and does not constitute an offer to sell Lexus products. Prices are recommended retail prices, and actual prices from the authorised Lexus distributor may differ. The purchase of any Lexus product shall be subject to the terms and conditions of the individual sales contract.
USE OF "COOKIE" TECHNOLOGY
TMV uses cookie technology to allow TMV to trace the paths followed by you to the Lexus site, to help TMV in registering user activity at the Lexus site and to evaluate and improve the Lexus site, in order to make it more useful to you. TMV does not register information on individual users, through this technology, so no information about you in particular will be kept or used. Please note that you can set your browser not to accept cookies or warn you in case cookies are sent.
PERSONAL DATA / USER INPUT
Any personal data you provide to TMV via the Lexus site will only be used by TMV to improve the services TMV provides to you. TMV makes every effort to ensure the secure collection, transmission and storage of personal data in accordance with the nature of such data. TMV will not use your personal data to provide you with any unsolicited message or information, nor will TMV share such data with or sell them to any third party without your consent.
Where TMV is under no obligation to monitor and/or review any input placed on the Lexus site by users and assumes no responsibility or liability whatsoever relating to any such user input, TMV reserves the right to check from time to time such user input and to remove any such input from the site without justification.
1. OVERVIEW OF INFORMATION SECURITY POLICY
a. TOYOTA MOTOR VIETNAM CO., LTD ("TMV") understands the importance and respects the right of personal information
("Information") of website visitors and users of TMV's services (referred to as "Customers"); the website, products, and services collectively referred to as the "Service." With goodwill, TMV, through this Information Security Policy ("Policy"), will provide an overview to transparently clarify the purposes of information collection, the scope and methods of information collection, the scope of use, the entities accessing the information, the information retention period, links and third-party products on the website, information security commitments, customer rights and responsibilities, and contact information and methods stated in this Policy.
b. This Policy applies to the overall Service of TMV, but depending on the circumstances, for each specific Service or specific Service component, the nature and requirements of that Service, TMV may supplement/adjust the contents related to this Policy to apply specifically to those specific Service parts.
c. Please take the time to read and understand the terms below. By accessing the website, browsing content, or using the website, Customers acknowledge that they have read, understood, and agreed to comply with the adjustments of these terms. If Customers do not agree to these terms, please do not provide any information on the website.
d. Depending on the actual security situation and needs, TMV may adjust this Policy. When the Policy content is updated, TMV will modify the "Last Updated" time at the beginning of this Policy. Before accessing and using TMV's Service, Customers should regularly check the Policy information for the latest updates.
e. All contents of this Policy and these Terms comply with the current laws of Vietnam. Users of this website must understand their legal responsibilities and commit to complying with the contents of this Policy and these Terms.
2. PURPOSE, SCOPE OF COLLECTION, AND SECURITY OF CUSTOMER INFORMATION
All customer information is important to TMV, we particularly focus on the security of customers' personal information during the process. Information collected from Customers in certain areas on the website, TMV may request that Customers provide some personal identifiable information before providing them with a particular service. This information includes:
a. Customer identification information:
- First name, last name
- Date of birth
b. Purposes of TMV's information usage:
All information provided by Customers will be used to:
- Provide requested customer services
- Conduct surveys via phone/messages
- Send advertising notifications about products and services related to vehicles,
- Receive feedback and opinions,
- Provide after-sales services
- Other purposes to enhance service quality.
c. Information sharing recipients
Customers should trust that all information provided by them will be stored and protected by TMV through the application of the best security procedures and policies to safeguard personal information from unauthorized access, tampering, use, alteration, and disclosure. Except in the cases outlined below:
- We may disclose the above information to our agents and survey recipients. These recipients will access the customer's personal information to carry out phone calls, emails, or other forms of communication for advertising or product surveys, and are not allowed to share the information with any other third party.
- We may disclose the above information if required by competent government authorities or if we believe it is necessary to: (a) comply with legal requirements or legal procedures; (b) protect the rights or property of TMV or affiliated companies; (c) prevent crime or protect national security; (d) protect the personal safety of users or the public. To further clarify the provision in (a) here, we would like to inform Customers that legal requirements or compliance with legal procedures include but are not limited to: We have a legal obligation to collect, use, or store customers' personal information in certain cases, including but not limited to: when required, advised, suggested, or demanded by legal advisors or any legal provisions, under laws, documents, or requests from the government or any authorized local or foreign agencies; when fulfilling obligations as stipulated by the law, including disclosure obligations, reporting on promotions, record keeping, auditing, investigating, resolving complaints or disputes, and other obligations; complying with court orders or legal requests; enforcing other conditions, terms, or agreements; and protecting our rights or property in case of complaints or disputes.
- We may disclose the above information to partners affiliated with TMV, such as Insurance, Finance, Spare Parts, Accessories, etc.; Toyota's parent company, Toyota Regional Managers. These recipients will access customers' personal information for product and market research purposes, aiming to enhance the quality of products and services, and are not allowed to share the information with any other third party. Customers are requested to contact us for further details in case they have any issues related to the information regarding the addresses of relevant parties.
d. Information retention period
We will only retain customers' personal information for the time we use the information for our legitimate interests, to fulfill a customer's requested service, comply with a legal requirement, or carry out the purposes specified in this policy unless Vietnamese law stipulates otherwise. Upon the expiration of the retention period or when deemed appropriate by us, we may, at our sole discretion, take steps to delete customers' personal information or retain such personal information in an anonymous form unless Vietnamese law stipulates otherwise.
e. Information processing location
The direct information processing location is at the head office of TOYOTA MOTOR VIETNAM CO., LTD: Phuc Thang Ward, Phuc Yen City, Vinh Phuc Province, Vietnam, and the main office of the partners who receive shared information as mentioned in the "Terms and Conditions of using the TOYOTA Vietnam website.
All content of this site is protected by copyright. You may only use the information, text, pictures or graphics contained in this site for your personal, non-commercial use and may not reproduce, modify, transmit, license or publish it, in whole or in part, for any purpose without the prior written consent of TMV.
All trademarks, logos and service marks shown in this site are the property of Toyota Motor Corporation of Japan or third parties. You are prohibited from using, downloading, copying or distributing them in any way without the written permission of Toyota Motor Corporation or such third party, as the case may be.
The Lexus site may contain hypertext links to other Internet sites which are completely independent of this site. TMV makes no representation or warranty as to the accuracy, completeness or authenticity of the information contained in any such hypertext link or other Internet site, and access to any other Internet sites linked to the Lexus site is at your own risk.
NO REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY OF ACCURACY
While TMV makes all reasonable efforts to insure that all information on this site is correct, accuracy cannot be guaranteed and TMV does not assume any responsibility for the accuracy, completeness or authenticity of any information contained in this site. This site and all information and materials contained herein, is provided to you on an "as is" basis without warranty of any kind either express or implied.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
TMV specifically disclaims any liability for any direct, indirect, incidental, consequential or special damages arising out of or in any way connected with your access to or use of the Lexus site, including but not limited to any loss or damage caused by viruses affecting your computer equipment or your reliance on information obtained through the Lexus site.
UPDATE OF POLICY
TMV reserves the right to update this policy at any time as business needs require, and you are hereby invited to visit this page to check the policy from time to time.